"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holiday Treat

It's a little overdue, a post about food, isn't it?  And, I must confess, right off the bat, that this recipe is one I'm going to direct you toward.  Because it's a goody.  Especially considering that many of you are quite likely still entertaining guests for the holidays.  However, I will warn you:  Should your guests be overstaying...do not make these for them.  Whatever you do.  They'll be inclined to stay longer.  Should your guests, though, be the sort you'd like to impress, (and dare I say fatten up a bit?), you must make these.


Cinnamon Rolls.  They look tasty, don't they?  Not even frosted yet.

So the recipe comes at you from heatherhalesdesigns.  I'm not even a huge fan, normally, of cinnamon rolls.  Or sweet pastries for that matter.  And I definitely do not dig the effort that usually accompanies a homemade batch of these babies...hours, I tell you!  (Do not even get me started on those pop-can versions, either!)  Thus, when I spotted these, I figured I ought to try out the recipe, see just how well they turned out, and see if they actually were as quick and easy as they were touted to be.  Guess what?  They were!  Under an hour these little lovelies took, and soft to boot!  I have to say, these just may have converted me to a new cinnamon roll appreciation stance.


They're actually much lighter tasting than other cinnamon rolls I've had in the past.  I'm not going to go so far as to say they're good for you...but well, what if we just leave it at they're really, really good.

So, go visit heatherhalesdesigns, for her beautifully simple, and wonderfully tasty recipe, link here.  Seriously.

I did tweak the frosting just a bit.  Because, you know, I wouldn't be me, if I didn't.  I cut the amount of frosting in half, not to say you should.  If you dig a lot of frosting, go for it.  They don't need it though.  I also added some orange zest, to lively it up.  Which is kind of perfect, given that it's the holidays and all, right?


Orange Frosting for Cinnamon Rolls - frosts about a dozen rolls (double if you like your rolls dripping with frosting!)

Ingredients
2 Tbs softened butter
1 Tbs cream*
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp finely grated orange zest

*You can also use milk, if you like.  I'd even recommend using the juice of a freshly squeezed orange, for more of an icing.  Delicious.*

In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together, until they're nice and combined.  Frost those delicious cinnamon rolls and enjoy.


Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment