"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cheap & Cheerful

A feature in which I share a good deal I happen upon...be it wine, food, or just something fun...If you have something Cheap & Cheerful you'd like to share, leave a link or suggestion in the Comments section at the end of this post!  Enjoy!

It's been a wee while since I've posted a Cheap & Cheerful, hasn't it?  It's kind of an organization thing (or lack thereof), rather than that I haven't stumbled upon any good deals.  Because I have!  Here's one:



Cocobon 2010 Red.  Purchased at Trader Joe's, for a humble $6.99.  And it's darn tasty.  I'm not going to go all notes and essences on you, because, well, I'm not that sophisticated a wine drinker.  It's simply one of those mellow, easy drinking reds that go well with food and friends.  A little fruity, without being sweet.  Nice depth, without being heavy.  What can I say?  It's cheap & cheerful, without tasting cheap.

TJ's wine notes said of Cocobon:  "will draw nice praise from an average wine drinker."  I guess that's me.  No shame in that, right?

Let's have a glass, in the name of good health.  And if one is good...two is, quite likely, even better.  After all, Mr. Twain did advise:

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

A wise man, that one.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment