"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Gifts

The Girl's birthday festivities stretched over two days, from her "actual" birthday celebration with family, to the Big Present...a girls' night out, dinner and a play.  Just the two of us. Couldn't have been better.  I have to say, the Girl's got some culture, and definitely knows how to have a good time.

 
Plus, she looks really cute.  And was in absolute raptures about the whole evening.  Love.


At Intermission, between dainty jaunts up and down the aisle, impersonating Cinderella (the play we went to see), she says to me:  "I need to be in plays."  Say I:  "I can see that."  Says she:  "Can you get me in one?"  Say I:  "Well, offhand, I don't know of any directors, but we'll see what we can do."

I suppose I'd best be looking for a children's theatre group. 

And on the handmade gifting front, I managed to get a couple of things done:

The mittens:


A little on the large side, they're the No Swatch, No Gauge pattern, Ravelry notes available here.  But, well, kids do tend to grow, don't they?

The skirt:


Based on the Lazy Days pattern, on Oliver+S.  I adapted it a little, since I did the bottom in fabric, rather than ribbon, and added some perfect buttons, to funk things up a bit.  My Girl does like a funky ensemble.  Check out those buttons!


Love.

One of my other absolute favorites, but not handmade, were these babies:


I spotted the boots back in September, and loved them so much that I paid full price...an act I try to avoid at all costs.  They're fleece-lined too!  I'm a bit gutted that the toes are already scuffing though.  Ah, well.

Kind of a black and red thing going this year.  I like it.  As does my Girl.

I've got a recipe coming soon, have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment