"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Monday, December 19, 2011

Handmade Christmas - Take 2

I just had a mini moment today, when I realized that it's been a week since my last post.  Oops.  All I can say in defense of myself (in a thoroughly unoriginal defense), is that it's that time of year.  And you know how that goes.  S*#t is busy.

Here's a little of what I've been getting up to, of late:


Teacher Prezzies, a la Lavender-Tea Tree Spray.


One of quite a few pairs of fingerless gloves, all of which still need their ends woven in.  As do the hats, which aren't pictured.  Easy peasy pattern, available for free here, on Ravelry.  Now to finish the other two pairs I still intend on making...

And Oh.  My.  Word.  Check these delicious little numbers out:


Felted ponytail holders, tutorial available here, on Kirtsy.  I sort of had to make them, when I spotted them, and oh joy!  found some felted balls at Michael's for the bargain price of $4.99 for a bag.  They take a whopping 5 minutes a piece, to sew the balls onto a hair band.  The girl and her cuzzie will dig them.

And, because I do so enjoy a challenge that defies all reason and logic...


Why not begin knitting a little lace, not so very long before Christmas?  Hm.  Rather underestimated the time this one was going to take.  And let's not even talk about the fact that I'm beginning to go seriously squiffy-eyed from knitting with teeny tiny yarn, on teeny tiny needles, into the wee hours...  Oh well.  It is quite pretty, and fairly enjoyable to knit anyway.  Although would be a fair bit more enjoyable, had I begun just a few weeks earlier.

So, fine friends, those are just a few bits and bobs, things going down around these parts.  Here's to finishing them all up...

Preferably before Christmas...

1 comment: