"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It Doesn't Have to be Profound

Racking my brain...wracking my brain?  Either way.  I think I've been engaging in a little of both. The gist is this:  trying to come up with a good enough recipe to post is sometimes tricky.  Or rather, I tend to make it tricky.  Testing, tasting, measuring, sharing tastes for confirmation...general prep work that, let's be honest, I don't necessarily always enjoy.  Nor have time for.  (Wow, my mom's grammar-alert just flew off the charts there.  Sorry, Mom.)

Anyway.  

I have a couple of planned recipes up my sleeves, but have a little tweaking, testing, tasting, etc, before they're ready to share.  And I do so hate to leave people hanging.  And more importantly, I hate feeling like I'm being incredibly slack by missing several days of posting.

And so, here I sit, all blessedly by myself, while the Mister is off at the skate park with the kiddos, trying out their new sweet helmets, a la Nana.  (Note to self...inquire into applying for sainthood for the Mister...)  While enjoying a wee glass of rosé, waiting for the gang to return for dinner, some beautiful cherries from our neighbors (Thanks Chris and Ashley!) caught my eye.  I opened a cherry, pulled out the pit, and tossed it into the wine.



And voila!  A mini-revelation struck.  It doesn't have to be profound to be blog-worthy.  (And most likely, even when deemed blog-worthy, really isn't profound anyway.  I mean, seriously, I'm pretty sure I'm not up for any awards these days.)

So, yeah.  That brought me back to a good place.  My sort of place.  That I may indeed sometimes lose sight of.  The place that says:  "Chill out.  Simple is best.  Isn't that what you're always shouting from the rooftops anyway?"  Who do I really need to impress? 

Have a glass of nicely chilled rosé, garnished with a perfectly ripe, perfectly sweet cherry.  Freshly picked if I know my lovely neighbors.  Drink in the sweetness, and ponder the Sweetness that is Life.



Life is, after all, a bowlful of cherries.



At least, that's what I've heard.

And I must, to put it simply, agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment