"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cheap & Cheerful

A feature wherein I share a good deal I happen upon...be it wine, food, or just something fun...If you have something Cheap & Cheerful you'd like to share, leave a link or suggestion in the Comments section at the end of this post!  Enjoy!


Here's a good one, fine people:

A new (at least to me) cheese, at good old Trader Joe's.  Cheddar and Gruyere mélange.  For the bargain price of $6.99 a pound.  Super Cheap, and most definitely Cheerful.

If you're at all like me, which is to say, desirous of the good things in life, but without the trust fund to support them...this is your cheese.  I always like to keep a couple of decent cheeses on hand, for a quick lunch or dinner of bread, cheese, and olives.  Or for some Gougeres, risotto, you understand.  And when a well-stocked grocery store is a fair distance away, it's best to be prepared for an impromptu dinner party, or glass of wine that suddenly is in need of a quick appetizer.  Problem is, unless I have a specific plan for a more spendy grocery item, I hesitate to keep it in stock, just in case.  Feels a little too much like a luxury item, than a necessity.  Until now.

So, this delicious, and I mean seriously delicious, Cheap and Cheerful cheese has got me all sorts of stoked.  Now I am prepared for any good cheesy dish, without feeling guilty about my laissez faire cheese addiction.  Ha!  Score one for this gal!

1 comment:

  1. Keep the thrifty gourmet posts coming. Love it Necole!

    ReplyDelete