"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Friday, July 13, 2012

Un-seasonable

'Tis not the season, for knitting.  Or so you might think.  (You would, of course, be wrong.)  For those of us just crazy enough to seek a bit of peace and sanity in the rhythmic clickety-clackety action of needles and yarn, well, it's always the season. 

I've been unable to post some of the latest knits (until now) because they were gifts for soon-to-arrive little ones.  (And there are still some that I must wait to post - wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!)  And some I just haven't quite gotten around to posting, because, well, I'm kind of slow sometimes. 

So, here you go:

The textured shawl recipe, made of some gorgeous baby alpaca wool.  (I'll get around to posting Ravelry notes soon.)  Ravelry notes here.


Wool sounds weird and unnecessary for summer, but the evenings are still quite cool, so it's just the thing to throw over my shoulders, to prolong the outside time.


This one's pretty cute:


The baby and the pixie hat.  Done in cotton, wee L looks kind of awesome, I do believe.  Ahhh, bless the bubbies.

Check these babies out, though:


Seriously?  Knitted pants with a big, roomy bottom for wee cloth diapered bums?  There was only one friend that I could be absolutely certain would dig some wild knit pants for soon-to-come-babe:  J.  These come from one of my favorite knitting sites, Pickles.  I love all of their baby and kid knits, (especially these cool kids capris!)and often feel just a bit sad that I didn't learn to knit when mine were small.  Oh well, plenty of child-bearing friends these days. (Ravelry notes here.)

J needed a few Easy Peasy cloths, for the babe, too.  Of course.


There's more on the way...

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment