"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Withdrawals

Last night, when there was a spare second to notice, I found myself in a bit of a funk.  Little grumpy.  Little irritable.  Itchy fingers.  What could be going on?  Ah...knitting withdrawals.

Yup, I'm that nerdy.

I recently finished up a few gifts.  Because the cold may not be here yet (please, not yet!), but it's a-comin'.

This one for the Mister...



Handsome, right?  The Mister's not so bad, either.

That is the Turn A Square hat, by Jared Flood.  And it is damned cool.  My Ravelry notes are here.  Pretty easy-peasy, except for the fact that I used double points, instead of a circular needle, for the whole hat.  Which makes it a little slower going for little old me.  What are you gonna do?  I had a birthday coming up, a hat that called for knitting, and there you go.  Learned some new tricks too, with carrying the yarn up the inside, for stripes, and using the jogless jog technique.  Sweet.

And then this baby:


That's the Flower Bud Beanie, Ravelry notes here.  Made it in a charcoal grey bamboo blend, so it's not overly flowery, but still sweet and girly.  And I am so making one for myself.  Soon.

And yes.  Further proof that I'm a total nerd...


And also not the most talented photographer...

Wee booties for Brennan.  Oh.  My.  Word.   I cannot help my dorky tendencies.  And I am oh-too-grateful for dear friends that tolerate them.  (And a friend who may even put these little numbers on her sweet little pixie of a bub.)  Notes here...yada, yada, yada...should you feel so inclined to shout out to the world:  "I'm rather nerdy...making some booties here...but holy moses, they're cute!"  Shout it out, people.

So...three projects finished.  And some itchy fingers.  And a seriously busy week, back-to-school-style, with no time for knitting...

Yet.

I've got a few projects up my sleeves though.  Never fear.

Won't be itching and twitching through the withdrawals for long.







No comments:

Post a Comment