"Things won are done,
Joy's Soul lies in the Doing."
- William Shakespeare

Thursday, March 24, 2011

On a Mission

It's good to have a mission, isn't it?  Gives a little sense of clarity, of purpose, to an otherwise ordinary day.  And the brilliant thing is, it doesn't even have to be an especially important-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things sort of mission.  Which is just perfect for me.

Yesterday's mission:  get ourselves out in the sunshine for a wee while, without getting blown away.  I'm telling you, it was blowing a hooley out there.  There's something about a wind storm, though, isn't there, that makes you feel as if a little change may be in the air.  (Now, if that change is a power outage, and a bunch of debris to clean up, it's maybe not the best sort.  I'm thinking more along the lines of Mary Poppins, or maybe something slightly less prissy and erm, Disney-esque.)  Anyhow, the mission:  play in the sun, avoid losing a child on a hefty gale.




How awesome is that view in the background there?  I freaking love this mountain.  Despite the fact that I miss living at the beach, sometimes achingly so, these mountains come in for a pretty close second.









Mission successful, I'd say.  Lost no one on an updraft, and everyone left with a huge smile, albeit some new dreads thanks to that wind.

And one other mission I'm on: 


I drove past this teeny, tiny sign the other day, yanked the steering wheel hard to turn, tires nearly squealing as I rounded the corner (you know I like my eggs), and began a hunt for the house selling eggs.  At the risk of Devin being late to go play with her buddy.  For eggs.  Sadly, to no avail.  I did find a house with a rather huge amount of chickens (wandering free, oh yay!), which logic would dictate that there should be my eggs.  But there was no sign on the house, and I couldn't decide...do I go knock on the door?  Will the insane gleam of excitement (over eggs, for God's sake, people!) frighten some little old couple into phoning the authorities?  Will all those chickens in the yard attack, they too being frightened by my manic egg-stealing fever?  Hm.  I'm going to try again.  Maybe they were just out. 

Have a lovely day.  May you too find a fun mission, perhaps stir things up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment